Benefit of office cleaning
You came to your office and the last thing you would expect is to find all things messed up in your office room. Or maybe it is you who does not like to be all disciplined rather leaves things all messed up. Whichever side you belong to, there is one thing that can be said. You will certainly know the benefit of office cleaning. To be precise, it should be called benefits as there are multiple benefits of office cleaning that you may know or you may not have realised this before. Some people do find it bothersome to clean their office every now and then. According to them, this does not stand in cost benefit analysis. So, they prefer not to clean. There notion is completely fallacious and they should revise their thinking to a more productive one. Productive? Yes. Cleaned office will keep your mood great which will eventually increase your productivity and think it like this way who does not want their office to look good?
There are obviously certain benefits of keeping everything clean. Office is a place where you do your work and which generates revenue for you. That is why, office should be considered of utmost importance. Let us discuss about the benefits of office cleaning point by point.
Easier access to files
If everything in your office is sorted properly, you will not have difficulty finding any file whenever you need one. If you need a file immediately, but cannot find it in a mess of everything. If you keep your office clean, you will never face such situation. Your time will be saved as well as your temper. As you have easier access, you can have whatever you want, whenever you want- that is the benefit you are going to get.
Clients will hold a good perception
If your client enters your office and finds everything neat and clean, then he or she is bound to have a positive notion about yourself. So, it is good to keep everything clean in your office so that whoever enters will have a good perception about you and your office.
Good for health
Cleaned office means there will be no dirt and germs in it. So, you will be maintaining complete hygiene over this. Good hygiene means good health. You are not only keeping yourself healthy but also taking care of the environment you are working in.
Who does not like to have a good mood all the time? Often it is not possible because of a number of circumstances. As per many researches, productivity does increase if you are in a good mood. Cleaned office helps you have a good mood even when you are working.
You have already learned about all the benefits that you can get from office cleaning. So, it completely depends on you now if you want to follow the rules of cleanliness or you want to go easy. Office cleaning is a task that is becoming common in all aspects. You will surely want to give it a try if you are the boss at your own office.
Cleaning for Health results in visibly cleaner facilities and minimises chemical residues, bacteria and dust from surfaces.
The importance of prioritising Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Whether at work, at home or elsewhere, we spend as much as 90 percent of our time inside and increasingly, that time is spent in less than optimal IAQ environments.
Now think about how many labour days are lost annually through employee illness caused by poor air quality and how much it costs the company. And then there are the associated health care costs to the community and, depending on the use of the facility, there are other factors to consider.
Whether the facility is a school, hospital, shopping centre, factory, airport, warehouse, problems such as poor attendance, lower patronage, higher secondary illness rates, complaints, and even litigation could arise.
Factors influencing Indoor Air Quality
Cleanliness standards are just the beginning. Other factors can include:
- Gases emitted by paints, floor coverings, construction materials and treated furnishings;
- The use of harsh chemical cleaning products; and
- Cleaning methods that contribute to the problem.
Choose Environmentally Preferable Products (and methods) wherever possible
One of the ways companies can be more proactive in improving IAQ is by opting to use environmentally preferable products and utilising more environmentally-friendly methods wherever possible.
- Choose cleaning products that have zero or low odours.
- Use cleaning chemicals that are water-based, not solvent-based.
- Explore engineered water products such as ozone, hydrogen peroxide and electrically converted water technology.
- Outfit cleaning equipment with telemetry that provides key performance metrics and intelligent insights.
- Invest in cleaning robots or autonomous floor care equipment to enhance efficiency and optimise productivity and safety.
Reduce exposure to Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
VOCs are present in fragranced cleaning products and many other substances and products as mentioned above. They are responsible for impacting on indoor air quality, resulting in irritation in individuals who have asthma or reactions to chemicals.
- Choose unscented cleaning chemicals.
- Only use solvent-based cleaners for tasks that can’t be achieved using gentler products, and only use in well-ventilated areas.
- Instead of using VOC-laden artificial air fresheners to mask unpleasant odours, explore other options such as natural products or look at ways to prevent odours in the first place.
How cleaning processes can improve Indoor Air Quality
Technological advancements have made cleaning smarter and more effective and the result is vastly improved indoor air quality. An American study* revealed the following results concerning facilities cleaned thoroughly with the assistance of technologically advanced supplies and equipment:
As well as using low- or no-VOC cleaning products and employing thorough cleaning practices and technologically advanced equipment, it’s important that facility managers regularly monitor indoor air quality by:
- Examining air quality on a regular basis and recording any issues;
- Heeding, recording and responding to complaints and recommendations made by the workforce and visitors; and
- Supporting the owners, occupants and employees in their efforts to maintain a healthy indoor environment.
Facility safety is part of Cleaning for Health too
Airborne dust and toxins are only part of the problem faced by facility managers. Slips and falls are among the leading causes of workplace injuries in Australia, and many are entirely preventable.
How to reduce the risk of slips and falls
- Standing water must never be left behind after cleaning.
- Machines that feature powerful water recovery systems leave floors dryer and less hazardous.
- Using equipment that doesn’t rely on chemicals to clean means no build-up of excess chemicals which can cause slippery surfaces.
Tennant Company is a recognised leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that help create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. With a vision to become a global leader in sustainable cleaning innovation that empowers our customers to create a cleaner, safer and healthier world, Tennant creates solutions that are changing the way the world cleans. Tennant products include equipment used to maintain indoor and outdoor surfaces, as well as TennantTrue® financing solutions, equipment parts, service, and maintenance to help ensure superior cleaning performance from your Tennant machines.
Safe, clean facilities boost employee happiness and productivity, according to new survey findings released by Essity’s professional hygiene brand, Tork USA.
The survey, conducted in November 2018, found the majority of manufacturing employees identify operational efficiency (96 per cent), safety and hygiene (94 per cent), and organisation of work environments (93 per cent) as top enhancers of their happiness on the job.
The study also concluded efficiency, organisation, safety and hygiene rank considerably higher than other factors in a facility, such as advancements in technology and machinery (87 per cent).
According to the study:
- Nine in 10 manufacturing employees believe quality on-the-job tools, such as cleaning products, impact their productivity (90 per cent) along with their happiness (91 per cent)
- 71 per cent of employees believe operational efficiency strongly impacts their productivity, 96 percent believe it boosts their happiness
- 94 per cent of employees find that a hygienic, healthy and risk-free work environment impacts their happiness (57 per cent strongly agree)
- 60 per cent of workers find that organisation of work environment strongly influences their productivity, and 93 percent find it affects their happiness
For plant managers and facility supervisors, improving hygiene and safety are critical for boosting employee morale in addition to facility efficiency.
Maryellen Anastasio, marketing manager, Essity said happiness and productivity go hand-in-hand, particularly in fast-paced, high-risk environments like manufacturing.
“Facilities should consider the tools they are using and adopt safe and hygienic solutions that will not only improve operational efficiencies but motivate and engage employees. By making these changes, employers are sending a message that they care about their workers’ happiness and well-being.”