Window cleaning basics
Unless you’ve installed replacement windows that tilt inwards, cleaning your windows is a difficult, time-consuming and potentially dangerous job. Thousands of people are injured each year from ladder falls, and adding in buckets of soapy water and the need to stretch to reach corners increases the chances of an accident.
- Most homes should get a thorough window cleaning twice a year.
- The type of cleaning solution and equipment you need varies according to the type of windows you have.
- Most glass can be cleaned with soap and water. However, some situations will call for specialised cleaning solutions.
- Large panes are best cleaned with a squeegee and a window cleaning detergent solution and finished with detailing cloth to eliminate streaks. Small panes and leaded or stained glass are best cleaned with plain water and specialised window cleaning cloths.
- Minimise the need for extra cleaning by not taping or sticking anything to your windows you don’t want to leave there permanently. If you’re painting, protect your windows from drips or splatters.
- Window cleaners have the right equipment to take off glue, paint and other debris that can settle on glass. If you have tinted windows, it takes extra care to clean them. The cleaning of windows also includes the screens and wiping clean the sills.
- If you hire a pro, make sure the company is insured because a lot of window washing involves ladders, safety harnesses and scaffolding. Precautions are essential to ensure everyone’s protection.
Best ways to clean windows
Glass surfaces can be troublesome to clean. It’s hard to know which side the streaks are on, and getting rid of them completely can be time consuming. Try these helpful hints:
The right rags: Paper or microfiber cloths will effectively clean glass. Special wood rags will also clean glass without streaks. Stay away from plain, cotton towels. These will leave lint behind, marring the beautiful finish you are trying to achieve. There is truth to the claim that newspapers do a great job of cleaning glass. Old newspapers will work wonders on your glass, leaving it sparkling and clean. While it’s a great way to recycle old papers, it will leave ink on your hands.
Chemicals: Several different chemicals can be used to clean the glass in your home. Spray chemicals from the store are effective, fast and don’t require any special mixing. If you are trying to save money, then you can make your own using 1 cup of rubbing alcohol, 1 cup of water and just a tablespoon of vinegar. Vinegar and ammonia should never be mixed, but you can use straight ammonia to clean glass that is cloudy. You can also choose some hot soapy water to clean the glass. Rinse the glass with water afterwards to remove the soap residue, and give it a lovely shine by adding just a little vinegar to the water.
Sneaky streaks: Take the guesswork out of finding streaks by going in different directions on the front and back of the glass. Use side-to-side motions on the front, but focus on up and down motions in the back. When the glass dries, you will easily be able to determine where the streaks are.
Extendable cleaners: Cleaning the insides of windows is easy, but scrubbing the outside is a little more challenging. Look for special tools featuring telescoping handles. With a soft scrubber on one side and a squeegee on the opposite side, these tools are great for cleaning windows outside. Simple spray the scrubber with your solution, clean the window and then remove the cleaner with the squeegee.
Work quickly: One key to getting clean windows that look great is to work fast. Drying the cleaner quickly will prevent streaking and allow you to keep moving. Gather all your supplies before you start working, so you can quickly move from one part of the process to the next.
Cleaning glass and windows is not necessarily difficult, but it can be time consuming. It can also be frustrating when you are dealing with windows and have to move between the interior and exterior of your home. You can get the chore done with the right tools and the right attitude. However, it may be worth your time to pay a cleaning service to handle the glass for you. Then you can just sit back and enjoy how great it looks, without having to deal with the frustration and time.
Fixing window scratches
A scratched window pane, while functional, is still marred. But many scratches, if not too deep, can be repaired at home with some effort. A scratch that’s penetrated deep enough to catch the tip of a fingernail is likely too deep to be repaired.
A glass repair company may be able to remove or minimise the scratch using specialised equipment or techniques, or they may recommend replacing the pane altogether.
If you’ve noticed a superficial scratch and you’re willing to try to repair it yourself, try employing one of the following methods:
Metal polish: Clean and dry the area around the scratch with clean, soft cloths — even rough fabric or paper towels can add additional scratches to the glass to scratch. After the area is thoroughly cleaned, dab a bit of metal polish onto another soft and dry cloth and gently rub it into the scratch.
Avoid excessive application of the polish, as this may add more scratches to the window in new areas. If the metal polish is applied correctly and the scratch isn’t too deep, the scratch should disappear or become significantly less visible.
Clear nail polish: Clean the scratch and the area around it with window cleaner. Again, a soft cloth should be used to wipe off the window cleaner. Make sure the scratched area is sufficiently dry before moving to the next step.
Using the bottle’s brush, carefully apply a layer of clear nail polish over the scratch. The nail polish should be enough to thoroughly cover the scratch, but not heavily applied. Afterward, carefully remove any excess nail polish with nail polish remover lightly dabbed from a clean cloth.
Homemade scratch remover: Applying a paste made from a mixture of water, white toothpaste and baking soda is another DIY scratch-removal method. The paste should be rubbed into the scratch with a clean cloth that’s slightly damp.
Rub the paste in a tiny circular motion and try to avoid applying the paste outside the scratched area. Once finished, use a clean soft cloth to wash the window. This process may take several repeated attempts before the scratch is removed or becomes minimally visible.
If you are in need of window cleaning for your house or office or any kind of commercial spaces like shops, restaurants, malls etc we are the right cleaning service provider. We can deliver best quality window cleaning in Perth by our well trained cleaners. We are competitive in price and offer timely service for you. We can clean your windows of any size and quantity. We can deliver you this service at your convenient time. Unlike other kinds of cleaning (house cleaning, carpet cleaning etc) window cleaning is taken care of with less priority. Very often we forget to clean those but they have the same amount of impact like other type of cleaning. However, we care all these issues into account and can provide you best cleaning solution for you windows by suggesting you the correct procedure and frequency of cleaning so that your window will have a longer life.
We have below services included for window cleaning. These are some of the examples but not all. If you can’t find any service that you are looking for we can provide you. We can customise our cleaning activity according to your need.
Checklist of window cleaning:
- Take out the window curtail and other removable things, if any
- Make proper space around the window for cleaning activity and clean that area
- Put cover to nearby furniture, carpet or other kind of things and if possible shift those to some other place.
- Spider web clean from the window
- Clean window glass with glass cleaning chemicals.
- Sliding door glass of the window is cleaned.
- Clean window frame properly
- Remove and clean window fly screen
- Window frames and track are cleaned.
- Allow some time to dry
- Reposition of all things that were removed.
- Take off the cover from furniture and carpets.
- Inspect the total cleaning work and nearby area.
- Clean the cleaning wastes that might drop during the cleaning activity.
- Final inspection to make sure that the job is well done.
You can ask for additional services if needed. We will do that happily as we are looking for your complete satisfaction. You can take this service either in contractual form or hourly payment basis. We are very much flexible to meet your need.
We have some competitive advantage over our competitor what’s why we are chosen among lot of cleaning companies. Our customers are satisfied and referring the other customers. In this way we have a good portion of customers who are referred and recurring. We provide better complete window cleaning package than others. Below are the reason listed why you should give us your window cleaning job:
- Best quality service: We always offer best quality service to our customer. We don’t compromise with quality. Customer is paying us for getting his job done properly. And by doing so we were able to get customer’s satisfaction. We don’t want to make any customer unhappy and that is why we are always very strict to maintain a high quality standard in our cleaning. After the cleaning you will find your window as you wanted it. That is our commitment to our customer and that’s why customer chooses us.
- Expert workforce: We have expert workforce to serve you. High quality cleaning doesn’t come without highly expert cleaners. We have that well trained workforce. This cleaning force are given a series of training and become expert. They are also trained on job so you can be confident with them like all of our other customers. If you are satisfied with one cleaners work we can appoint her/him again based on your demand and depending on his/her availability.
- Fully equipped: We are fully equipped. We have everything needed to do the cleaning job. We have cleaning tools, machines and materials with us. You don’t need to provide anything. The materials we use are of high quality and bio-degradable. All of those are environment friendly. We care about that as well.
- Attractive price: We offer you attractive price for window cleaning. Our price is competitive and by far best in town. Especially when the quality of service you are getting against your money. We would like to give our money back to our customers in terms of service and satisfaction. We care about full value against your money. Our pricing policy is not to charge something which is not logical. We will charge you only against our high quality service.
- Listening to our customer need: We care about your need. We can serve you whenever you want. It can be during weekend or weekdays depending on your need. We can suggest you cleaning solutions and frequency that you need to adapt. We are listening to your comments and if you are not happy with anything, even it is very small; we will redo that for your satisfaction. We care about your time value that’s why we are always on time and never miss any schedule. Our availability is guaranteed. There is no such case that we didn’t attain to our customer in any specific contract.
Besides all these we are innovative and trying to be more innovative to satisfy you more and more. We take different approach in cleaning. We introduced 5S methodology from Lean for house cleaning and office cleaning services. This 5S housekeeping is helping our valuable customers to be more productive and efficient. We are trying to give every possible thing to our customer by our innovation and introducing new tools and technique in cleaning. These make our company more dynamic and that is why customer likes us.
Considering all these attractiveness over some other traditional cleaning company we charge cheap price. If you are appointing us for window cleaning or any other kinds of cleaning please be sure about the service. High quality service with on time facility is our commitment to our customer. So if you are looking for best quality window cleaning service Cleaning Force is the right choice for you.